We had a fantastic start to the season, it was great seeing the kids gain some confidence and really start gelling as a team! I just had a few housekeeping items so review:
- please make sure water bottles are labeled and it is visible from a distance. The boys don't get a lot of time to grab water and they waste time searching for their own bottle. Right now I count 13 green Gatorade bottles most with black Sharpie names on them!
- also think about trying to mark your blue equipment bags with duct tape (the more colorful the better). Especially with colder weather coming if they need to grab gloves or warmer clothes it is really hard to find theirs if 15 identical bags are lined up on the sidelines
- water is the only beverage allowed on the field, we have been instructed by both our practice and game facilities to not bring Gatorade or any other electrolyte replacement beverages onto the field
- please come early! The boys are expected to be fully dressed and ready to begin warm up half an hour early for games. You must be there earlier if you intend to dress at the field!
- we will be wearing white jerseys and socks for the Sep 10 game and blue jerseys and socks for the Sep 17 game but always bring both along with their bag to every game (we may be forced to change if we are too similar to the opposing team)
- we have a Facebook page that is updated with info as it becomes available: Spruce Grove Atom Cougars Football if you are interested in joining
- our website is sgdmfa.com and under the atom tab you can find game info and other info pertaining to us
Please email if you have any questions or concerns and if you are a new parent please respond so I know you are receiving emails!